In How To...

Did you know that you can file your USCIS immigration forms online? Are you tired of waiting for responses from USCIS to come to you in the mail? Well now is the beginning of the end of that archaic process. Even though it is not a perfect system, and still has quite a bit of technical issues, it is a good start you should use and take advantage of.

The following is a list of USCIS forms you can file online TODAY:

  • Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Card
  • Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request
  • Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
  • Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
  • Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status
  • Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (for certain categories)
  • Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status
  • Form N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings
  • Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
  • Form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document
  • Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship
  • Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322

All you have to do to file your forms online is create a USCIS account at Through this account you will be able to submit forms and applications electronically, check the status of your case, and receive notices directly from USCIS.

Also, US service members and veterans can now submit their N-400 forms online too! Those who serve or have served in the armed forces may be eligible to file their N-400 under special provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Under these provisions, military personnel would qualify to have their filing fees waived and even be able to use previously submitted fingerprints. For more information on how military members and veterans can file online visit:

Please note that although you can file the above listed forms online, USCIS will still accept paper submissions by mail. Be aware that you cannot do any combined processing (filing more than one type of form together online). Therefore, if you are filing for adjustment of status you likely need to file the “old fashioned way” by mail.