When would I use this type of visa?
Used by individuals who are married to United States Citizens, but are resident outside the United States or individuals engaged to be married to a United States Citizen and want to enter the United States to marry the United States Citizen.

How do I obtain one of these types of visas?
The United States Citizen spouse or fiancée must petition for the foreigner to come to the United States. Once the petition has been approved in the United States then the individual outside the United States must arrange with the consulate to obtain the non immigrant visa.

How long may I stay in the United States with this type of visa?
If you enter as a fiancée you must marry the United States Citizen within 90 days of entry into the United States subsequently you can adjust your status to a permanent resident. If you want to enter as a spouse of a United States citizen then you can enter and exit freely.

Related Posts

page 1 of 4